Linapple is an emulator of the mythical Apple II quite simple and intuitive to use:
Follow these steps to install it in GNU/Linux (Debian, Raspbian or Ubuntu):
- Download the source code from sourceforge.
- Uncompress it.
- Install all the necessary packages to compile it.
sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev libcurl3 libzip-dev libsdl1.2-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev
- Compile it:
sudo make install
UseTo run the emulator just type 'linapple' in the linux console.
Press F1 and you get information about all the function keys:
Other amazing Apple ][ emulator is The Octalyzer:
- Multisystem: available for GNU/Linux (32 & 64 bits), Windows (32 & 64 bits) and OSX.
- It's a unique binary file, you only need copy it to /usr/local/lib and run octalizer to enjoy it.
- Drag and drop disk images to the windows, to open them.
- Can render the images to 3D
Enjoy both emulators :)